The largest space museum complex in Russia, the Cosmonautics and Aviation Centre at VDNH, first opened to the general public in the renovated historical Pavilion No. 34 Space on 13 April, 2018. Everyone can visit the large-scale exposition on the achievements of Russian cosmonautics and future space exploration projects.
On Tuesdays, first three sessions (11:00 a.m.–1:00 p.m., 1:00 p.m.–3:00 p.m., 3:00 p.m.–5:00 p.m.) are free of charge for Russian pensioners! To get to the exposition, they need to get a free ticket at the ticket office of the Cosmonautics and Aviation Centre.
The Centre's exposition features more than 120 unique exhibits of aircraft and spacecraft which have never been exhibited in museums before; exhibits of the military-industrial complex enterprises; more than two thousand rare archival documents, photo and video materials.
Under the dome of the pavilion, there are game simulators, the Monolith and Cosmic Sphere exposition modules, which is a unique 5D cinema where one can watch the story of exploration of the Universe, from the Big Bang theory to the prospects of colonizing Mars.
One can enter the exposition of the Cosmonautics and Aviation Centre according to the following timetable: 11:00 a.m–1:00 p.m.; 1:00 p.m.–3:00 p.m.; 3:00 p.m.–5:00 p.m.; 5:00 p.m.–7:00 p.m.; 7:00 p.m.–9:00 p.m. The centre is open every day from 11:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m., except Mondays. Entry for the last session closes at 9:00 p.m., and from that time until 10:00 p.m., one can only exit the centre. Tickets for visits are available online, and they can be purchased only at www.vdnh.ru and www.cosmos.vdnh.ru.
Specially for school tour groups, there are free tours of the Cosmonautics and Aviation Centre. Groups can be organized after prior request by phone: +7(495)966-19-29.
Benefits and Discounts
Benefits and special tariffs are only applied upon presenting certifying documents when registering entrance tickets at the ticket office of VDNH JSC.
- Children up to 16;
- Russian pensioners;
- full-time students of Russian and foreign universities
- children left without parental care;
- children up to 6;
- disabled children;
- persons in disability categories I and II;
- people accompanying persons in disability category I;
- Great Patriotic War veterans;
- veterans of military operations;
- family members with three or more children until the youngest is 16 (large families);
- employees of VDNH upon presenting the certifying document;
- employees of budgetary cultural institutions of the Russian Federation;
- members of the International Council of Museums ICOM
20% Discount: When paying with a MIR card
Discounts when paying with a MIR card are provided only for entrance tickets, for tickets to the Sphere cinema and tours.
There are no discounts when paying with a MIR card for concessionary tickets.
There are no discounts when paying with a MIR card for master classes of the Kulibin About Space educational centre.
Rules for Purchasing Tickets
- One can enter the Cosmonautics and Aviation Centre at VDNH only with tickets purchased in advance at the websites: vdnh.ru and cosmos.vdnh.ru/tickets/. After purchasing a ticket, it must be printed out.
- Tickets can be purchased no later than one hour before the session starts.
- One can enter the pavilion during one of the following sessions:
11:00 a.m.–1:00 p.m.
1:00 p.m.–3:00 p.m.
3:00 p.m.–5:00 p.m.
5:00 p.m.–7:00 p.m.
7:00 p.m.–9:00 p.m.
- The entrance to the pavilion opens 15 minutes before the start of the session. The end of the session is announced 15 minutes beforehand.
- Online services only sell tickets for the main exposition of the Cosmonautics and Aviation Centre with standard and concessionary (children, schoolchildren, students, pensioners) tariffs.
- Every Tuesday, pensioners of the Russian Federation can visit the first three sessions of the Cosmonautics and Aviation center upon presenting their original pension certificate: 11:00 a.m.–1:00 p.m., 1:00 p.m.–3:00 p.m., 3:00 p.m.–5:00 p.m.
- For school tour groups, admission and tours of the Cosmonautics and Aviation Centre are free. Groups are organized by prior request. Telephone for applying: +7(495)966-19-29.
- Certain categories of citizens (in accordance with the approved price list) need to get their free tickets at the ticket offices located inside Pavilion No. 34 Space at VDNH. When entering the pavilion, the visitor has to show the supervisor their original documents confirming the right to purchase a concessionary ticket. Benefits and special tariffs are only applied upon presenting original certifying documents when registering an entrance ticket at the ticket office of VDNH JSC. The opening hours of the pavilion ticket offices are from 11:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Details on the sessions, tariffs, benefits and rules for purchasing tickets can be found at: cosmos.vdnh.ru.
- Please note! Beware of fake tickets. Do not buy tickets in unauthorised places!
VENUE: Pavilion No. 34 Space.
TIME: every day except Mondays.
TIMETABLE OF SESSIONS: 11:00 a.m–1:00 p.m.; 1:00 p.m.–3:00 p.m.; 3:00 p.m.–5:00 p.m.; 5:00 p.m.–7:00 p.m.; 7:00 p.m.–9:00 p.m.
PRICE: 500 roubles. The price of concessionary tickets is 250 roubles. Owners of Mir cards are given 20% discount for entrance tickets.
Admission for orphans, children under 6, persons in disability groups I and II, and veterans of the Great Patriotic War is free.
Every Tuesday, pensioners can visit the first three sessions of the Cosmonautics and Aviation Centre upon presenting their original pension certificate: 11:00 a.m.–1:00 p.m., 1:00 p.m.–3:00 p.m., 3:00 p.m.–5:00 p.m.